Friday, February 20, 2009

Childhood Friends/Friday Sketchers

I had so much fun making this card! Sally-Ann over at Grab-A-Doodle-Do has some seriously cute digi downloads!!! I had the Lilly set already, but I thought she needed a friend. So, I went back over to see what else I could get my hands on and I found Alfie.
I cut out Lilly and pasted her right along side her friend Alfie and his dog. To color them, I used my Copic markers (see picture for specific colors). Check out his "rustic/washed-out" jeans. I got that look by using the blue with the skin color and lots of blender...it was kinda an accident. *smile* Also, Alfie's shirt was plain, so I added the "jersey" look.
To add a little pizzaz to my flowers, I embossed them with my Swiss Dots folder. It may be hard to see in the picture. The swirls underneath the flowers are made with the Sizzix die. The cute brad and little brads are from Spare Parts. Also, did some machine stitching.
This card was also made following the sketch from Friday Sketchers.
I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

Pin It!

8 comments:

Digi Stamp Boutique said...

Thanks so much for sharing Jenn! This card is absolutely wonderful - I love how you've put the characters together in such a wonderful way. And the colours, papers and embellies work beautifully....a real stunner - I love it so much! xx

Cardmaking Galore said...

I love your card - everything ties together

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Wow Jenn, this card is stunning. I love Sally-Anns doodles and you have done a marvellous job here with them. What a great idea using more than one and layering, fabulous work. Love all the stitching detail too! hugs Linda x

aardvarkpest said...

Great card and colour combo.

Glenda

Nikki said...

Fab card!

simplyfairies said...

Gorgeous card, I love it, colours are beautiful, and his jeans are great I agree...

Jacqueline van der Sar - Crejakaarten said...

Love to see what you created with my sketch. Beautiful card, great colouring with the copics and cute image! Love the swirls. Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketchers. Love,
jacqueline

Alysabeth said...

YOur right these are super cute. I'd better go check them out.

My motto: Leave no stamp unpurchased!